Formed in 1988 with support from the Northern Territory Cattlemen’s Association, our aim is to foster sound land management practices within the local pastoral industry for a productive and sustainable future.
We assist our members by:
• providing contacts for natural resource management workshops, including soil conservation, species and land monitoring, and weed management,
• applying for funding to run land management projects such as Ecosystem Management Understanding (E.M.U™), which introduces land managers to recognise and read landscape processes, condition and change,
• Facilitating workshops for staff professional development, such as Mental Health First Aid, Induction to Station operations,
• providing a one-stop shop to connect land managers with each other and stakeholders,
• ongoing support of the Desert Poppies networking group,
• representation on committees – A/S Pastoral Industry Advisory Committee, A/S Weeds Advisory Committee, Landcare NT.